Intrigue Talk about the Oldsmobile Intrigue within...

98 intrigue windshield washer problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 06:51 PM

Figures, this always happens in December,January. Never in like June.

Anyways my windshield washer pump had quit working so at first I tried plugging & unplugging it to see if it was loose, didn't help. Then I removed the old pump, drained and flused the resevoir, bought a NEW pump, installed it (what a PITA), refilled with premium winter fluid, and still nothing. (damnit!!)

So I have a new pump installed, and still have the same issue as before. Does the switch in the wiper colun go bad? IS there anyway to test the pump or the switch, or should I break down and take it to the stealership?

I have to take it in anyway cause of a ball joint recall I recently recieved, so was thinking about bringing it up then.

Just afraid they would need to remove the airbag, steering wheel, to get to the switch, which at a stealership means big $$$$$'s.

Any ideas before I break down and pay someone to do it??

Thanks,

-Yoseppi

Old 12-15-2005, 10:00 AM

From what you've replaced so far, i would definately go with the switch. just order one from gmpartsdirect and put it in yourself...its not that hard and youd ont have to take the whole steering wheel off.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by double0alero

From what you've replaced so far, i would definately go with the switch. just order one from gmpartsdirect and put it in yourself...its not that hard and youd ont have to take the whole steering wheel off.

Thanks for the tip, I found the part, Wiper Switch 26047377 from gmpsrtsdirect. The 97-2004 corvette also has the same switch as the Intrigue. Neat I guess.

Since you appear to have some knowledge on this part, do you have ANY kind of writeup on how to change this part? I'm good with tools, and have patience, and would so much rather change this part myself than pay someone.

ANY info you could throw my way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

-Yoseppi

Old 12-16-2005, 11:21 AM

not owning an intrigue, i'd be guessing...HOWEVER, allow me to makea call today to thep lace i used to work and see if they can muster something up for me.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by double0alero
not owning an intrigue, i'd be guessing...HOWEVER, allow me to makea call today to thep lace i used to work and see if they can muster something up for me.

That would be great, thanks for ANY help there buddy.

-Yoseppi

Old 12-21-2005, 05:15 PM

What was involed in removing your pump? I'm having a problem with my 2000.

James