Intrigue Talk about the Oldsmobile Intrigue within...

problems with my intrigue

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 10:51 PM

many many many problems i need help with... first my car knocks like crazy when goin up hills, anything i can do to help stop it? Also, sometimes the engine likes to stall whenever it feels like, even on highways. fainally, sometimes when i go to start the car, the dash wont light up except the airbag indicater, then sometimes the dash lights up and the "engine service" "trac off" and "low oil" lights come on and stay on for like 5 min. Except for the knocking, all these things happen at random and thus the dealer "cannot duplicate problem" anything you guys can do to help???!?!?!

p.s. sry about long post, thanks!!

Old 01-18-2006, 01:23 PM

It sounds to me like you've got either an electrical issue or a computer issue for the stalling out and the bizarre displays your getting. For the knocking, it could also be computer related. But it could also be a bad tank of gas, old fuel filter, etc. I'd get the battery system and computer checked out first. Just my 2 cents.

-ImpalaMan

Old 01-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

You don't say what year, so apologies if this doesn't apply.

Take it to Auto Zone. They have those scanners that can check and clear fault codes in the computer...and they'll do it for free. Not all faults cause a "check engine" light.

First, let them clear the codes. See if that fixes anything. Take it bac if it doesn't and have them give you a print out. Go from there.

C.J.