New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

95 Copper Mist Aurora

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 04:19 PM

I'm a new member with a 95 Aurora. The color is copper mist. I have about 170,780 Miles on this badboy. It runs like new. My brother was the previous owner. He had the transmission Selenoid Pack changed almost a year ago, and ever since has been driving like a dream. Does not burn any oil what so ever.No knocking sounds, and it is super silent, sometimes the car is on, and I dont even realize it bcuz I cant hear the motor.One of the downfalls of owning one of these aurora's are the gas mileage. I was wondering what kind of gas mileage people are getting with a similar Aurora. PLease let me know. Thanks [img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

DOWNFALL????? I DONT THINK SO . ITS A 4000 POUND LIMO AND DRIVES AND RIDES LIKE A CADILLAC AND MINE AS OF 15 MINUTES AGO IS SHOWING 22.4 MPG. HAVE SEEN IT REGISTER 25. 3 AT ONE POINT ( NOT THE NORM ) IF I STAY AROUND TOWN FOR A HALF TANK OF FUEL IT DROPS TO 18+ MPG . NEVER SEEN IT UNDER 18 . WOULD LIKE FOR IT TO BE A CADILLAC BUT I AM VERY FIRMLY PLEASED WITH THIS AUTO. THE AUTO DEALERS IN MY AREA ARE POSTING 30MPG ON A SNAIL CAR WINDSHIELD. NO THANKS MY OLDS IS JUST FINE AT 77 DOLLARS PER YEAR TAXES .

Old 08-10-2007, 04:39 PM

I only drive in the city. So, I get about 15 mpg on average. I put in about 70 some dollars to fill the tank, and I find myself before the week even ends I am empty. So I basically put in about 70 dollars per week just in gas. 70 x 4 (weeks in a mo.) means I put in 280 a mo in gas. To me that seems like alot. Maybe I just have to get used to it.I've only owned this car for a month.But either way the car ride is incredibly smooth,hasleather,and very reliable. So it's all good.