New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

99 Olds Intrigue-Hot air from Driver side

Old 07-14-2005, 04:32 PM

Hi, this is my first forum that I have registered with, so please give me a break. Let's get down to business right away. I have a 1999 Olds Intrigue. Everything was working fine last week and then suddenly there was a slow start (didn't really want to turn over); stalled a couple of times. Placed the charger on the battery overnite; next morning, still slow to start. When I got to work, I placed charger on the battery all day (atleast 8 hours)--still slow to start (green light showed on battery). Took the car to Autozone where they placed the battery check on---it said "bad battery". I bought a new battery and replaced it. Now, the drivers side blows hot air, when the passenger side blows cold air. Yes, I do have dual climate controls, but I have never had this problem before. Last night I took the car back to Autozone, the guy said, "Oh, there is probably a problem with the **** that controls the drivers side because it keeps turning and should stop..." then he said he really doesn't know much about dual climate controls. I did try putting the blower on cold high, then pushing the rear defrost for a couple of minutes, when I release the rear defrost, the air was not so hot from drivers side, but this only lasted a few minutes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. --Thank you (Erica)