New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

finally back on

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Default finally back on

i was off for a while .both of my in laws passed away within a few moths of each other and as the only man around i got to take care of things but it is mostly settled? what i have is a 1980 olds cutlass calais with a t top and rally pac gauges,as well as power windows and power seats. i finally got the t top to seal and the window is up all the way and the power seats are back all the way and down all the way so now i can work on it more comfortably. the car originally had a 307 in it and it died so they put a 350 in it that was almost brand new it just needed a valve job. but somehow when they put the new motor in they routed the main wires under the throttle cable and it eventually cut through it frying things. got the ign switch replaced and the headlight switch and horn relay. so it can start it but no radio or interior lights they worked for a second but the little white wire sparked and melted. the blower fan wires were cut by a neighbor kid and i figured out most of them. and i bought a shop manual but it is for a 84, things are almost the same except the computer stuff mine doesn't have . but i bought a 80 off of ebay now i just need to fix the screw ups and find parts they are hard to find used .like defrost ductwork and dash lenses and a speedometer my trip meter was broken.lot of fun,after the snow melts.