New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Grandpa's Olds

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 12:22 AM
Default Grandpa's Olds

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the threads, and new to Oldsmobiles in general. A few years ago I lost my grandfather. I recently learned, after the death of my grandmother, that I had been left something in his will. After talking to my mom and an uncle, I was told it was a car...one that he had originally asked my dad to take a shot at restoring. He never got around to it, and, as a result it was left to me (I've been working on cars since I was 12).

So far, I haven't seen any of the paperwork that goes along with it, and I'm not entirely sure any even exists (as far as Title or Registration is concerned). In fact, today was the first time the car had seen the light of day in over 50 years. We dug it out of an old airplane hangar, and this is what I found:

I was hoping I could find some information here, such as Model, Year, etc...'cause I really know noting about it. Using pictures on the Internet, I'm kind of assuming its a '40 Sedan

I hope I can find some help here, both with identification, and hopefully some original parts vendors or places to find junked or parted-out cars (it was his wish that the car remain original, which is a difficult task, but one that I feel should be honored...otherwise it'd already be slammed with a chopped top and flames down the side).

Thanks for listening! I look forward to talking with you guys about it, it should be an interesting ride!

-Adam