New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

HI everybody

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Default HI everybody

I 'm new I like old car a lot, had a couple my first was a t bird 60 , next pontiac 57 , a chevy impala 74 , a ford econoline 70 and now a 55 olds 88 super 4 door sedan to be restore pretty complet the only thing I don't have is the fuel tank I look around can't find it. I think they do not reproduce them yet. My question is would a chevy 55 tank be the same ??? or any other match that I can buy new . thank you

Old 01-29-2013, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by elvis 55
I 'm new I like old car a lot, had a couple my first was a t bird 60 , next pontiac 57 , a chevy impala 74 , a ford econoline 70 and now a 55 olds 88 super 4 door sedan to be restore pretty complet the only thing I don't have is the fuel tank I look around can't find it. I think they do not reproduce them yet. My question is would a chevy 55 tank be the same ??? or any other match that I can buy new . thank you
I just realize I,m not at the right place to ask question ok I,m 52 collecting restoring car since 1991 I m not more gm or ford guy I just like nice car I work in particle board plant for 29 years uniboard I,m french canadian small town val dor is 6h north of montreal quebec

Old 02-02-2013, 03:41 PM

I do not know where you are located. Finding a tank could be hard, but not impossible. The first place I would try is Fusick's - http://www.fusick.com

You might also try Desert Valley Auto Parts. It is a large salvage yard in the state of Arizona -
http://www.dvap.com/

Perhaps the 1955 year Model Advisor of the the Oldsmobile Club of America, or the similar person for the National Antique Oldsmobile Club could be of help.

Do not know what either of those groups are, Goolge them. They are the 2 national Oldsmobile car clubs in the U.S.

Good luck!