New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Hi. New to the board

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:34 PM

Im new to the forum, but not Oldsmobiles. Over the yearsI have owned 7. All of the Cutlass variety. It kinda went like this..

75,76,75,80,70,72,70. The last one is a 442. It also has an interesting story behind it.

I bought the car in 1995. It sat in the garage while I decided what to do with my other 70. That one was a post coupe cutlass that needed some work, butI drove every day.

I ended up pulling the engine from the cutlass (a 455 that I put together) and put it on the 442 because the one in the 442 had a nice rod knock.

UnfortunatlyI didn't know at the time how rare the post cars were and I junked it after stripping it.

Well in 98 I fell on hard times and had to sell the 442. I sold the running engine seperate from the car seeing as it wasn't the orignal anyway.

Fast forward 8 years.

I get a call 1 week after newyears from the guy I sold the car to. Turns out he was now in need of money and needed to sell the car. Unfortunaly for him (but awsome for me) he never transfered the title, and lost it. So he needed me to get the replacement for him.

Well I just cut out the middle man and bought my car back. It has a few new things like the ram air hood (no air cleaner though) and a running 455. There are also new front seat covers and he fixed the sagging head liner.

I couldn't be happier having my car back after all this time. I needs some paint and a few other things, buit I'm like a kid in a candy store (ebay is bad right now...lol).

The handles were taken off by him because he was going to get the car painted before he ran into money trouble.