New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

just bought my first Olds today.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 07:46 PM
kps
Default just bought my first Olds today.

actually did a layaway, I put a down payment, & will get it in a couple of months. this will be my first ever Oldsmobile.

I am purchasing a 1995 Silhouette, I have the usual questions where to find parts? are there any owners clubs or forums?

I havent worked on any in 19 years, as I was a mechanic at an oldsmobile dealer, & left there in 93, I did a 2 years stint at that place, yeah I know I worked on them, but drove a Toyota truck, & a Harley chopper.

I always loved the looks of the Silhouette & loved the teal blue color, & I found one in my area, priced right, the color I liked best, & owner is letting me make payments, so yeah....

I wasnt looking for it, I was actually looking for my bosses wife a RHD vehicle as she delivers mail, & is tired of reaching over, steering while sitting on right, & person had just re-listed it with a lower price, so it was on top, otherwise I wouldnt not have found, nor been buying another vehicle for myself, I have 3 import trucks, a Geo tracker, a Cherokee, and an S10, plus a 1 ton GMC, plus a motorcycle, so we really wasnt looking for another vehicle, but I know wife was begging for me to get her a camper shell for her truck for fleamarketing, so now she will have a van to do that with, lol, plus me another playtoy. I am thinking of my welder inside, when I take on a welding project, so I dont have to load the inside of my truks with stuff I cant leave in open, that people would like to steal, like grinders, copper cables, welding rods able to be in a dry area, extension cords. etc.

now to locate parts sources, I need to find the body black tint type film, plus a replacement plastic lower rocker for under the passenger door.

Randy