Oldsmobile  Forum - Oldsmobile Enthusiasts Forums

Oldsmobile Forum - Oldsmobile Enthusiasts Forums (https://oldsmobileforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://oldsmobileforum.com/forum/new-member-area-8/)
-   -   New to forum 1939 olds upholstery (https://oldsmobileforum.com/forum/new-member-area-8/new-forum-1939-olds-upholstery-5087/)

JUSTNAT 11-04-2012 09:08 AM

New to forum 1939 olds upholstery

Hi All, I am new to this forum and to antique, I recently purchased a 1939 Olds business Coupe that is very good condition, I would like to do some interior restoration this winter and I having difficulty finding interior kits for this vehicle, would any one know of any place that sells kits for this vehicle or am I just looking at getting a local Upholstery dealer to do most of the seat covering. does any one have an idea on cost to redo the front bench and rear opera seats? Thanx:)

Kevin Koloff 11-04-2012 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by JUSTNAT (Post 12131)
Hi All, I am new to this forum and to antique, I recently purchased a 1939 Olds business Coupe that is very good condition, I would like to do some interior restoration this winter and I having difficulty finding interior kits for this vehicle, would any one know of any place that sells kits for this vehicle or am I just looking at getting a local Upholstery dealer to do most of the seat covering. does any one have an idea on cost to redo the front bench and rear opera seats? Thanx:)

Personally, I'd look around locally if you are in an area that would have such a business. They should be able to get colors from that era. If not try this
Part Sources

ConradMccar 11-29-2012 12:03 AM

Personally, I'd look around locally if you are in an area that would have such a business.

JUSTNAT 11-29-2012 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin Koloff (Post 12133)
Personally, I'd look around locally if you are in an area that would have such a business. They should be able to get colors from that era. If not try this
Part Sources

Thanks for replying, I did go to one local business and did get an approximate price of $3k to do the entire interior. I found the cost of his Fabric to be expensive compared to the US prices.

OldsD88 12-01-2012 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by JUSTNAT (Post 12192)
Thanks for replying, I did go to one local business and did get an approximate price of $3k to do the entire interior. I found the cost of his Fabric to be expensive compared to the US prices.

You are aware that RM Auctions has a restoration facility in ONT? You may get some leads there on fabric, or kits.

JUSTNAT 12-02-2012 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by OldsD88 (Post 12194)
You are aware that RM Auctions has a restoration facility in ONT? You may get some leads there on fabric, or kits.

Hi OldsD88.

No I wasn't aware of this place, really nice cars kinda out of my league.

I've been out of the restoration since the eighties and purchase this olds as a nice project for me and son that doesn't require tons of restoration as the antique is in nice shape all ready but does require finishing to make it really nice.

Please let me of any other usefull sites.

Thanks