New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New to forum 1939 olds upholstery

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Default New to forum 1939 olds upholstery

Hi All, I am new to this forum and to antique, I recently purchased a 1939 Olds business Coupe that is very good condition, I would like to do some interior restoration this winter and I having difficulty finding interior kits for this vehicle, would any one know of any place that sells kits for this vehicle or am I just looking at getting a local Upholstery dealer to do most of the seat covering. does any one have an idea on cost to redo the front bench and rear opera seats? Thanx

Old 11-04-2012, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by JUSTNAT
Hi All, I am new to this forum and to antique, I recently purchased a 1939 Olds business Coupe that is very good condition, I would like to do some interior restoration this winter and I having difficulty finding interior kits for this vehicle, would any one know of any place that sells kits for this vehicle or am I just looking at getting a local Upholstery dealer to do most of the seat covering. does any one have an idea on cost to redo the front bench and rear opera seats? Thanx
Personally, I'd look around locally if you are in an area that would have such a business. They should be able to get colors from that era. If not try this
Part Sources

Old 11-29-2012, 12:03 AM

Personally, I'd look around locally if you are in an area that would have such a business.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin Koloff
Personally, I'd look around locally if you are in an area that would have such a business. They should be able to get colors from that era. If not try this
Part Sources
Thanks for replying, I did go to one local business and did get an approximate price of $3k to do the entire interior. I found the cost of his Fabric to be expensive compared to the US prices.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by JUSTNAT
Thanks for replying, I did go to one local business and did get an approximate price of $3k to do the entire interior. I found the cost of his Fabric to be expensive compared to the US prices.
You are aware that RM Auctions has a restoration facility in ONT? You may get some leads there on fabric, or kits.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by OldsD88
You are aware that RM Auctions has a restoration facility in ONT? You may get some leads there on fabric, or kits.
Hi OldsD88.

No I wasn't aware of this place, really nice cars kinda out of my league.

I've been out of the restoration since the eighties and purchase this olds as a nice project for me and son that doesn't require tons of restoration as the antique is in nice shape all ready but does require finishing to make it really nice.

Please let me of any other usefull sites.

Thanks