New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New to forum, looking for help

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Default New to forum, looking for help

Hey! Like title says, I'm new to the forum. I recently bought a 1987 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Brougham.

I posted some pics in the album section, feel free to look and post. I bought this car for 300 bucks and put another 600 into tires/brakes/cat conv and inspection. I live in Bucks County, Pennsylvania near Allentown. The car is a dream to drive and I'd like to polish her up some, so to speak. The pics show what is obvious for issues I have with the car. Thanx for looking.

Last edited by Quakertownrich; 03-26-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to OF, glad to have you around. That interior is in surprisingly good shape for the age and mileage you've got. Overall, the car looks pretty good, I would have expected more rust, given how your winters are in PA.
The rust solution is probably what you already know:take it down to bare metal, good primer, paint.
The rear bumper is probably a loss, you may find one in a junkyard.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:12 AM

Thank you. The interior really is in great shape for being 24yrs old. And, 90k is a surprisingly low total as well, it obviously didn't get driven much. The undercarriage is in great shape as well, but I do need to address the surface rusting on fuel lines before they become an issue. I plan on visiting a not-so-local u-pull-it yard in next cpl weeks in an attempt to find replacement bumper, as all the local ones do not carry vehicles that old. I only wish the little old lady who owned this car previously had taken better care of the exterior as the roof is a definite sore spot. Ppl who have been passengers in this car are blown away by how smooth it goes down the road and how quiet it is. I absolutely love it and want to hold onto it as long as possible.