New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

new guy again

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Default new guy again

i'm back,had family problems and my computer crashed,lost everything. but now i am back. i have a 1980 olds calais t-top and rally pac gauges and power windows and seats. had a power short go through the system and fried a bunch of stuff.so far i have replaced the ign switch,dimmer switch,horn rely.one headlight,one carb(seized the lower plate),the dist cap.need the vacume lines,changed thea/c controles,and the printed circut board in the gauge pac because the old one had a few bad spots in it. it has been hard to find parts in the wrecking yards around here. when i do someone else has been there and trashed things,breaking them just to get there parts out. the next thing i need is the defrost ductwork mine broke at the mounting points and they don't glue very well. i was at a thrift store about 6 mths ago and found a shop manual for an 84 that almost worked but not quite so i went on ebay and paid 20 bucks for a 1980. oh yeah be careful taking the bolts out of the dash up by the drivers side speakers if your ratchet slipps you will crack the windsheild. dad burn it of words to that effect.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:44 PM
Default new guy again

it's a bitch getting old. i am back again still working on my 1980 olds. found a printed circuit board at the pull and save but the rest was destroyed darn kids still working on the rest need to find a speedo head with a trip meter mine has a broken ****. i also have a defrost ductwork that's broken.. i also found out it wasn't a 1980 olds intake but one from 1988-95 i think.