New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New guy and wrecked car :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:59 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
I'm pretty new here and just wanted to share my story about my car. It's a 1992 Olds Cutlass Supreme 4 dr sedan. It was a trade in at my work, which we sold to a lady back in September or October. She had it 3-4 weeks and wrecked it. So she traded it back in and took her old car back. I bought it in late March for $2000. It only had 78,000 miles on it. Well today I was leaving work so I could go home for an early birthday dinner (birthday is tomorrow) and to get ready for class. Didn't make it too far. Got about 4 miles down the highway and my blood sugar level dropped to below 30. I blacked out and hit a utility truck. When I came to a cop was giving me a sobriety test, as he thought I was drunk. Luckily I was able to tell him I was diabetic and he immediately called for the ambulance and medic unit. After having sugar shoveled down my throat by a medic I knew personally (its good being in the fire service), I walked out of the ambulance and smoke a cigarette. When the cop got done the paperwork he said it was a no fault, due to it being a medical emergency and he soon left. The guy I hit was cool and him and I talked for about 10 minutes. He said I hit him about a mile back and I took off, he thought I was an uninsured motorist at first, but somehow I pulled off into a motel / gas station parking lot and stopped. I don't remember that. But he said he came up to me and said "YOU HIT ME!!!" and he said that I was like "Huh? Oh sorry". He then proceeded to tell me that he first thought I was on crack because how dazed and out of it I was. When I was in the ambulance recovering I asked the medic if I hit anything and she said I hit a tractor trailer. I was thinking, man I don't even want to see my car, but the guy who drove the ambulance said that all I did was sideswiped the truck and just needed a mirror. When I asked the cop what I hit, the semi or the utility truck, since they were parked next to each other he stated I hit the utilitytruck and I went to look at the damage I did to it, it was minimal, just a little 2 inch red scratch. My car on the other hand sustained a cracked left front marker light, a smashed up left front fender, and broken/ hanging driver side mirror. Luckily my dad was on his way home from work carpooling and he stopped and drove my car home. I wasn't hurt, the cop was nice, the guy I hit was extremely nice and told me it wasn't nothing to worry about and that he was more worried about me after realizing I was in shock than his truck and he waiting until my dad arrived until he left. I was happy how the situation was handled, and how everyone conducted themselves. I was let off without being ticketed, due to it being a medical emergency. The guy I hit also told me that the motel manager wanted my car out of there ASAP, as it was hurting business? I said WTF? The guy I hit also said that was screwed up due to the fact that I was having a medical emergency. Just goes to show how ignorant and greedy people are when other people are in need of help. Please Iknow my story was long, but if you feel weird at all when driving, justpull off so you don't end up wrecking your car and being delayed. I ended up missing my birthday dinner and my class tonight, which I was very upset about missing my dinner because my grandmother was very excited to makeit. Hopefully my birthday goes well.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-46";
urchinTracker();
</>