New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New to Olds forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 10:11 AM
Default New to Olds forum

Hello Everyone,
I'm new here. I recently purchased what is planned to be my last project car. A 1975 Olds Cutlass. It is a supreme, it's marked up as a 442. My plans are not going to happen anytime soon as I have other projects currently in the works. I've recently "finished" (they're never really done) a 1971 Plymouth Satellite that I updated with a 2004 5.7 Hemi and an interior from a 2011 Chry 300S. I'm working on a 1964 Malibu that I'm just doing a "mini fluff" on to get it usable for now. It will get a full resto/mod later when my grandsons are old enough to spend time to help. It was their Dad's car and we lost him a couple of years ago. I'm also working on a frame off 1972 Chevelle that I'm building as a tribute to an SS I had in the late 70s. The Cutlass I "plan" to finish prior to retirement. The body is in good shape so my plans are to either do an LS conversion or stroke the 350 that's in it and install a Holley Sniper EFI like I'm doing on all the other GMs I have. Not sure which way it will go yet. I'm thinking a 6 speed manual for transmission. I've already bought a set of swivel buckets to go in it. will be installing a console. Update the brakes and suspension. And cap it off with paint, leaning towards a dark wine red with some sort of markings, not sure about that yet either. My plan at this point is to do it a section at a time. Suspension first, then brakes, then engine and interior at the same time. I plan for this car to be my fun daily driver. Anyway, that's my story and my plans. For now it's a good driver the way it is and that's what I plan to do. Drive and enjoy it. Thanks for adding me in, I look forward to getting and sharing information. Thanks