Silhouette Talk about the Oldsmobile Silhouette within...

Dual DVD system?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Default Dual DVD system?

Anyone installed a Dual DVD system in their silhouette? I am thinking of installing 2 flip down screens that can play either the same DVD or 2 different DVD's. 1 flip down would be for the middle row and 1 flip would be for the back seats. I am curious how you did it and how you tied it in with the existing stereo? I have rear audio controls so I assume I would tie it in with that.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Default Did you get an answer?

I just purchased a 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere, the DVD player that came with the van isn't working. I like your concept and would like to try something like that. I'm not sure if it's my DVD player or the monitor that hangs down, everytime I try to play a DVD it looks like colored snow. Looking for options besides the ones built into the headrests.

Thank you,
Keith

Old 10-31-2013, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by keithec
I just purchased a 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere, the DVD player that came with the van isn't working. I like your concept and would like to try something like that. I'm not sure if it's my DVD player or the monitor that hangs down, everytime I try to play a DVD it looks like colored snow. Looking for options besides the ones built into the headrests.

Thank you,
Keith
Unfortunately my wife totalled this van out March of 2011 so we never got one installed as we were going to do it with our income tax return. So we bought a vehicle with the DVD player already in it. Cant believe we owned this van 2 months shy of 10 years before this happened. 100% not my wifes fault as the guy never stopped in left turn lane just kept going right in front of her. He was of course on his cell phone. Then I showed up to the scene on my motorcycle (I have friends who are an EMT and I knew before 911 dispatch even dispatched anyone cause she called our EMT friend first) and the dude who pulled in front of her took off. must of been afraid of me lol. Anyways in case your wondering she hit him doing 50 mph. all air bags went off and she survived with a bruised shoulder from the seat belt and a red face from the air bag. The kids in the back just had minor seat belt issues. This van saved her life so I was kind of surprised when she said she was afraid to drive another mini van.

Last edited by ofblong; 10-31-2013 at 08:18 AM.