Tires What skins are you rollin' around on...? Discuss wrapping your rims in here...

The Wheel Buying Guide

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 06:04 PM

According to a recent survey, a large percentage of people modifying their vehicles choose wheels as the first modification. Wheels happen to be one of the most noticeable parts on a vehicle, and many people refer to getting new wheels as buying "new shoes." But because of the relatively high price of rims/tires compared to other parts on the car, buyers need to be extra careful, and even spend extra time researching the wheels, tires, and even the company they purchase the wheels from.

Here are a few important things to consider to know when purchasing wheels:

Old 08-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

AFTER SELLING TIRES AND AFTERMARKET WHEELS AND TIRES FOR MORE THAN 15 YEARS MY EXPERIENCE IS THIS. UNLESS YOU INTEND TO CHANGE SUSPENSION PARTS DO NOT INCREASE WHEEL SIZE BY MORE THAN 3 SIZES ( 15 INCH TO 18 ) UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO MAKE MAJOR COMPROMISES ON RIDE AND HANDLING . REMEMBER THE OVERALL DIAMETER OF THE NEW TIRES AND WHEELS MUST REMAIN THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT TIRES AND WHEELS. IF YOU INCREASE MORE THAN 3 SIZES PREPARE YOURSELF FOR AN ILL HANDLING AUTO . I CHANGED A FORD F150 FROM 15 INCH TO 20 INCH AND THE TRUCK HAD A MIND OF ITS OWN. ON A WELL TRAVELED ROAD I CONSTANTLY HAD TO FIGHT THE TRUCK TO KEEP IT IN LANE. ENJOY YOUR RIDE DONT DESTROY YOUR RIDE.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by ilikecars
AFTER SELLING TIRES AND AFTERMARKET WHEELS AND TIRES FOR MORE THAN 15 YEARS MY EXPERIENCE IS THIS. UNLESS YOU INTEND TO CHANGE SUSPENSION PARTS DO NOT INCREASE WHEEL SIZE BY MORE THAN 3 SIZES ( 15 INCH TO 18 ) UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO MAKE MAJOR COMPROMISES ON RIDE AND HANDLING . REMEMBER THE OVERALL DIAMETER OF THE NEW TIRES AND WHEELS MUST REMAIN THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT TIRES AND WHEELS. IF YOU INCREASE MORE THAN 3 SIZES PREPARE YOURSELF FOR AN ILL HANDLING AUTO . I CHANGED A FORD F150 FROM 15 INCH TO 20 INCH AND THE TRUCK HAD A MIND OF ITS OWN. ON A WELL TRAVELED ROAD I CONSTANTLY HAD TO FIGHT THE TRUCK TO KEEP IT IN LANE. ENJOY YOUR RIDE DONT DESTROY YOUR RIDE.
dude this is an oldsmobile website lets keep it to olds please. if you want you can post that in off topic. [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

you are in the olds forum for what 12 hours and you are gonna police it. thanks so much i will try not to mention anything but olds. the original post was only 18 monthes old. you are really good, thanks...