2001 olds alero beeping - Oldsmobile Forum - Oldsmobile Enthusiasts Forums

Alero Talk about the Oldsmobile Alero within...

2001 olds alero beeping

Old 05-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Default 2001 olds alero beeping

i am having a problem with my alero, hopefully someone can help.
the car is making the same sounding beep that it makes when you reset the change oil/low pressure lights, but it is doing it in sequence. 1 beep 2,3, then 4 non stop when the key is on, it doesn't matter if it is running or not. also i have no interior lights and the power door locks don't work from inside the car. the locks work when you use the key fob. i have checked every fuse in the car, all are good. everything else in the car works just the way it should. any ideas?

Old 05-31-2012, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

I would first pull the battery positive cable off for a few minutes to reset everything (like a reboot), that may fix your problem. If not, let us know.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by zigdog63 View Post
i am having a problem with my alero, hopefully someone can help.
the car is making the same sounding beep that it makes when you reset the change oil/low pressure lights, but it is doing it in sequence. 1 beep 2,3, then 4 non stop when the key is on, it doesn't matter if it is running or not. also i have no interior lights and the power door locks don't work from inside the car. the locks work when you use the key fob. i have checked every fuse in the car, all are good. everything else in the car works just the way it should. any ideas?
I have the same problem..... we're u able to get yours fixed???

Old 12-17-2017, 03:00 PM
Default Door lock and beeping repair

I had a 2002 Alero that the door locks wouldn't work and it did the 1 2 3 4 beep. I relapsed the drivers door lock switch and this solved my problem.