Alero Talk about the Oldsmobile Alero within...

alero security light issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 11:56 PM
k89
Default Alero door chime and security light issue

Ok so i have a 2001 Alero, automatic. The security light is on and does not go off. I've tried many methods to supposedly "fix" this problem have not worked.
I tried the "key in on position for ten minutes to a half hr" trick and that hasn't worked. I wanna name all the methods ive tried and have looked up but they are many, so instead ima just explain my specific scenario:

My security light is lit and does not go off. i can start my car no problem and everything seems to be fine, so really my problem is the light itself being on and how to turn it off. I don't wanna just put tape over it, or take out the bulb damaging my dash/guage cluster. Does anyone know of a way to fix this problem in a DIY manner?

*I have another issue that was serious but i created a loophole:
my door chime/beep, "headlight still on" beep/chime was going off constantly with the doors closed, all lights off....no matter what all with the key out and car completely off, it kept beeping and causing the battery to die over night.
Anyone think that has to do with it at all?

By the way, if u wanna know about the loophole:

The temp fix: disconnect negative battery terminal...which works but sucks bcuz who wants to keep disconnecting the terminal everytime they stop? yeah, i was that guy for a few months till me and my bro in-law figured out the ghetto permanent fix.

the ghetto permanent fix:we ran a wire from the radio fuse slot to one end of the radio fuse, and another wire connected to the other side of the fuse to a metal toggle switch(any on/off switch type will work) which we ran across the inside/underside off the dash to where the fog light switch is(my fog lights dont work, gotta get new set).

Last edited by k89; 09-24-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:41 PM

Its ur bcm under the passinger side glove box there are 3 small7mm bolts to take out after that slide the bcm out and Mach the numbers up the to
Set is what u want then presto done or spend a lot of money and buy a new one or f.each 1 your choice