Alero Talk about the Oldsmobile Alero within...

99 Alero starting problems.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 02:13 PM

Okay, i really need some help. Ive been having problems with this car for over 3 months. When its cold, it starts completly fine. When its warm, i turn the key to start it, it actually turns over but immediately dies unless i give it gas. I feather the gas once or twice and it seems to just "catch" and then it runs fine. My light came on and the codes said something to do with the MAF and MAP sensors. Both have been replaced and the problem is still happening. HELP!

Old 10-01-2007, 05:30 PM

Does this happen like after u drive it, turn it off for couple of minutes & then turn it on again & stalls? check fuel/pressure regulator (it's onfuel rail with a vacume hose on it) remove the hose & see if there's any gas coming out of it. If not run vehicle with hose off & see if gas starts to squirt out if it does,it's flooded,(you have too much fuel that cause it to stall)when ugive it gas like you said you do your clear flooding it. You might also have a crank sensor that loses it signal also,your codes for MAF, &MAP sensors are telling you either I.am bad, loss voltage, have too much air, or not enough air check for vacume leaks also brk/clean out of a can works spray around hoses & intake manifold and see if rpm changes No disrespect but sounds like your throwing darts at this problem. Edited by: BOOGIE