Alero Talk about the Oldsmobile Alero within...

Alero blinkers on the fritz

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Iflylow
You should not have to pay a dime. GM covers all costs of this recall. Mine was done free at the dealer.

YOu are right, you "should" not have to pay a dime but the several dealers I called all wanted me to pony up for a diagnostic fee "just in case" it was not the flasher. They all said I would get the diagnostic fee back if it turned out the flasher was the problem but then went on to talk about non recall related electrical issues.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:53 PM

the same thing happend to my 2000 alero i was able to turn the blinkers on again by pushing the hazard light....yet this is onlky a temporary solution.....i went to gm and ordered the flasher for it. i havent had any trouble since. to get to the flasher unscrew the gauge cluster and reach back there

Old 08-07-2007, 12:36 AM

Yeah, I know what it is! I just had the same problem I have to push the hazard on and then they work but i just bought a 02 Alero 2.2 last week and I took it to the dealer today and it is DEFFINATELY the flasher, the part costs $23.00. But yeah hope that helps you guys!