Alero Talk about the Oldsmobile Alero within...

Poor fuel mileage

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 06:21 PM

Hey, new to these board. Need some advice.

My 2000 Alero, 2.2L, is giving extremely poor fuel mileage this time of year. Getting about 220 miles (350km) out of a tank. I've changed the spark plugs, air filter, have the correct tire pressure, but still getting bad mileage. Even thrown a fuel injector cleaner in there. Any advice on what i should check or am i the only one with a problem.

Old 06-01-2006, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by yarass

Hey, new to these board. Need some advice.

My 2000 Alero, 2.2L, is giving extremely poor fuel mileage this time of year. Getting about 220 miles (350km) out of a tank. I've changed the spark plugs, air filter, have the correct tire pressure, but still getting bad mileage. Even thrown a fuel injector cleaner in there. Any advice on what i should check or am i the only one with a problem.

have tha same problem. any updates on this?

---

[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

max@digitalhardcore.us

Old 08-15-2007, 11:54 PM

i am not for sure why it is doing that. i have a 3.4 and i get about 250-270 a tank. what i suggest as for cleaning ur fuel lines and intake is to use Sea Foam which u can find a a NAPA store. I have done this to my Alero about three times already. have a 5 gallon gas can ready full of gas. Have about 5-7 gallons in ur tank, put one gallon of Sea Foam in the tank and run it till it dies. then add the 5 gallons to the tank and go to the pump and fill up. i have notice a difference in my car as of performance and mpg's. not only for my alero but also for my dodge ram. it made a difference with it too. and what really helps is to disconnect ur air filter at the butterfly, (make sure u keep the air sensor connected to the disconnected air box, if not if freaks out and dies) take some Deep Creep Sea Foam (also found at NAPA) open the butter fly while it is off and spray some in there, start the alero for about 10 secs and cut it off, repeat this 4-6 times, then spray some more in the intake and let is sit over night. after u are done with this u should have about 1/3 of the Deep Creep left. TRUST ME IT WORKS!!!!!