Cutlass Talk about all models of the Oldsmobile Cutlass within...

1996 Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 06:03 PM

Hello. I recently purchased a 1996 Olds Cutlass Supreme 4 door from an auction at a really great price. The vehicle has 128k on it and runs excellent. I have a few questions that maybe someone here could answer.

First, the turn signals were not working and only the thrid brake light was working. I found a discussion that led me to believe that the turn signal control went bad. I removed the steering wheel and changed out the part successfully. The turn signals now function properly and the brake lights are also functioning correctly. However I still have one problem. When I put the hazards on, I get nothing. No flashers at all. I have tried two different flashers (under the dash) with no success. The front right bulb was replaced previous to me purchasing the vehicle. It comes on but will not flash in either side. Also the turn signal indicator on the dash stays half lit depending on which side the bulb is in. The part number on the bulb matchs the other bulb. Which ever side I put this bulb into stays lit brighter as well. Maybe I will try purchasing two new bulbs and see if my problem is corrected. Sorry for the long description but I wanted to make my situation a clear as possible.

One other problem I am having is that the right rear shock looks like it fell out of its mount in the trunk. It is just resting against theinside of the wheel well.I am pretty mechanically inclinded but never had to do any shock/strut workon any of my vehicles. Is it possible that the mount just ripped or is the actual shock shot?

Again sorry for the long post.I am a member of several other car forumson the web and hope to make this community a second home for my new purchase. Thanks very much in advance to any suggestions.

JosephR Papa Sr.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:00 AM

Strut turmed ot to be shot as well as the mount. Both replaced and it rides very nice now.

Replaced both front turn signal bulbs and now they both function properly. Still can't get the hazards to come on. All fuses look good. The entire switch was replaced as previously mentioned so i still can't figure out why the turn signals work properly but the hazards don't even function. I tried another new flasher with no success. If I push the hazard button to turn them on, the turn signals will not function. If I push the switch off, the turn signals function properly. Anybody have the slightest clue what could be going on here? Any and all help would be excellent. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by BeavisBoots

Strut turmed ot to be shot as well as the mount. Both replaced and it rides very nice now.
Hello Beavis Boots,
Hope ya still around here!

I have the same problem about that.
Had it done at NTB at last minute.

Later
94Supreme

Edited by: 94Supreme

Old 08-08-2007, 06:38 PM

Guess they haven't been here since 10/06/06

[img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img]

Later
94Supreme