Cutlass Talk about all models of the Oldsmobile Cutlass within...

72 cutlass where do i start at?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 08:46 AM
Default 72 cutlass where do i start at?

i have a 1972 cutlass w/ 350 rocket everything is original and in good running condition i have it in the shop now to make sure everything is up to par and running correctly w/o problems before i start having after market performance parts installed, i was thinking about an exhaust first once i get it out but im not sure what kind im lookin for some more power and deeper louder sound.. shoot any thoughts or ideas u have at me. im not a car genius so i need as much help as i can get. thx yall

Old 10-19-2010, 12:06 PM

There are some nice kits out there. It all depends on what you're looking for with sound. I have a Flowmaster system on my 442. It does drone a bit at slower speeds but I'm good with that. It's just the way the 2 chambers are. The 3 chambers are not so bad. I've had them in the past and liked them.
Then there's Magnaflow. I've never had one of their systems, but there are of high quality and have excellent fit and finish.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:43 PM

I have the same question more or less. I have a 1972 cutlass as well(except mine has a 455) and I wanted to put an exhaust on it. I was wondering what everyone here recommends as far as pipe width, muffler type etc. My car is a convertible so I dont want it to be too loud but as of right now I dont hear much of anything at all! Another question i had was if it would be smart to replace the headers as well or if it doesnt make difference.