Cutlass Talk about all models of the Oldsmobile Cutlass within...

’94 Cutlass Supreme

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 04:01 PM

My aunt just gave me a '94 Cutlass Supreme. She said the power windows will not roll down. I'd like to check the fuse, but the manual says it's behind the instrument panel. What's the easiest way to get to these fuses? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-07-2006, 12:49 PM

Hi - just lift out the glove compartment insert tray. Its covered with gray spray-on felt. Just pry it up with your fingernails or a putty knife and pull it straight up and out. You will see the fuse panel. Also inside the top of the glove box door is a fuse puller and extra fuses.

There are two other fuse/relay panels under the hood in the engine compartment. These hold the really small fuses and really big fuses along with relays. These rarely go out, but you need to know the glove box fuse panel is but only one fuse panel on these cars.

Be sure to check the owner's manual for full diagrams of all the fuse panels. With the manual in hand, the panels are easy to understand. Good luck troubleshooting!

MitchellT

1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme SL Coupe Bright White/Deep Adriatic Blue

Old 08-07-2006, 12:54 PM

Hi Mitchell...thanks! I already knew about the fuse box in the glovecompartment and the two under the hood! The one I couldn't find is on the passengers side towards the floor...you have to take off the plastic molding and it's behind there! Someone in another forum helped me find it! Unfortuntely, I changed the circuit breaker and my windows STILL won't roll down!

Thanks for your response!

Old 08-07-2006, 01:03 PM

It sounds like its time to check the switches and/or the motors. I had to replace my driver's side motor. Not fun, but a home mechanic can do the job. Do you have the Haynes manual available for $15 at most auto part stores?

Old 08-07-2006, 01:39 PM

No, I don't have the manual yet, but plan on getting one. I hope all of the switches didn't go out at once. I'm beginning to think it's electrical...the courtesy lights are not going sometimes and draining the battery...I pulled the fuse for those, but would like to repair that too.