Cutlass Talk about all models of the Oldsmobile Cutlass within...

Cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 01:06 AM

i want to put a cold air short ram on my 90 supreme, any one else done this? i know it wont be hard but any tips or cheap ways of fashioning a tube? my friend used the air intake tube from a 90s caravan on his neon for the rubber part of the tube... he got a section of exhaust pipe for the rest... would this work for me?</span>

Old 05-03-2007, 01:09 AM

hellooooo? any one have any tips? im not seeing an easy way of doin this... any one have any helpful suggestions?

Old 05-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

I don't remember what the '90 looks like under the hood, but maybe this link will help you with some ideas. http://home.centurytel.net/grandprix/fwi/

That's a fender well intake on a Grand Prix, but could easily be modified to be a CAI.

Another place you could look would be here: http://impalahq.naioa.com/

This applies to 2000 and later Impalas, but again, would be good for ideas. Click on How To, and scroll down to Installing a Fender Well Intake Cold Air Induction System. Hope this helps!

Old 05-06-2007, 10:12 PM

thanx man, the GP one was close... my battery is in the way of running that system unfortunately... this helped a lot tho it gave me some different ideas for ways to run my tubing... thanx again for the reply</span>

Old 05-07-2007, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by StirFrey
thanx man, the GP one was close... my battery is in the way of running that system unfortunately... this helped a lot tho it gave me some different ideas for ways to run my tubing... thanx again for the reply
You can reinstall the battery pretty easily but with some work if you knowa good wiring guy and have a bit of money, so you could move it somewhere else, like the trunk, and have that extra room, but if you do this, you might want to add a hookup for a second battery just in case you decide to put a powerful sound system or something like that in later. But it should be fairly straightforward if you know a good wiring guy. I have a good friend who knows wiring really well, and he says it's not hard once you get used to it, it's just a bit of work and alot of common sense.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:40 PM

i had thought about movin it to the trunk for a while..., i got a pretty kickin system but it has a smaller amp so no biggie... and i know how to wire half decently... so.. we will see.. lol