General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

1996 Ciera electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Default 1996 Ciera electrical problems

My car is locking and unlocking While I am driving and when I am out of the car. My car Left blinker Will light up but not blink. The lights inside of my car flashes like a strobe light. and to top it off my car is honking at people. Thttps://oldsmobileforum.com/forum/images/smilies/mad.gifhen The people drive around me and shoot me the Bird. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CAR AND HOW DO I FIX IT?https://oldsmobileforum.com/forum/im...s/confused.gif

Old 09-08-2010, 08:20 PM

Ok, I'm gonna shoot you some guesses, turn signal sounds like a flasher, the thing that clicks under the dash. the door locks sound like a bad switch in either front door, do they both work normally, or do you have to press hard to get one to work? The horn is likely a short somewhere, basically power comes up the steering column, and gets grounded when you hit the horn, so if that wire is grounded somewhere else, it thinks you wanna beep. Of course with this many issues at once, and with the interior strobe effect, you may have a major interior ground that is loose, if I'm not mistaken, they're usually in one of the front kick panels, near the hood release, or on the other side. hope that helps...Jim

Old 09-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Default Still not working

Does my 1996 Oldsmobile have one flasher or Two. I Took out the Flasher and turned on my emergency light and they still worked . When I have the Left blinker on it lights up and doesn't blink. The left blinker works fine and when I have the hazards on the work perfect. Also the door clicking won't stop. The Door clicking starts up when I use my blinkers. Also while the clicking is going on in my doors the fasten your seat belt lights up the same pattern as the door noise. I have check the bulbs on the front blinker. Does anyone know where i can get a wiring guide.

Stephanie

Old 09-10-2010, 02:15 PM

Oh,yeah the Sound that is coming through my doors does not sound the same as if I was locking and unlocking my car . Please Help!

Old 09-11-2010, 02:26 PM

You should have 2 flashers, hazard and T/S. The work independently. I'm still thinking you have a ground problem somewhere, when a ground is loose/missing, voltage will find another path, sometimes through other things. I would look for a chiltons, or Motors manual for your car, and depending on how good you are with electrical, start the search. Check all grounds you can see, as well as fuses, swap out T/S flasher, and look for any obvious signs of body damage that may have caught a harness.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:06 AM

I have an 84 olds 98 regency. the left turn signal blinks fast, but with the lights on it blinks normal. any ideas???