General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

2k bravada issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Default 2k bravada issues

I just bought my brother in laws bravada. It runs and drives good. It seems to have some electrical issues though. The dash lights, panel, and even the shifter lights dont work. The service engine soon light works, high beams, and seatbelt, but the others dont. Not that it is a huge deal, but I would like to have them function. Also, this is weird the info center on the ceiling doesnt work when I turn the headlights on. He said something about a switch in the dash that would fix the lights inside, I am not sure as this is my first oldsmobile. I am used to jeeps and chevys, and being that it is pretty much a blazer that is loaded and awd instead of 4wd I figure it wont be too difficult. Can someone enlighten me on this switch deal? Where is it, where can I get one etc. Thanks!

Old 02-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

I don't have a specific answer, but I would suggest that you get a Haynes or Chiltons from your local library and look at the wiring diagrams. Find a relay that powers the lights you mentioned. Many of the relays are the same, so swap it with one you know works and see what happens.
Other than that, have you checked that the dimmer switch is good? I wonder if all the lights work, just are stuck on a really dim setting.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:01 PM

The dimmer switch could be a real answer, i didnt think to check it. I will tinker with it next week got the kids for the weekend and gotta spend time with them. I was thinking about buying a hanes book and see what it said. But thanks for the input, I will let you know how it goes. Thanks!