General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

93 delta 88 wont start.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Default 93 delta 88 wont start.

parked my olds a couple months ago since i bought a new car, but now i am trying to sell, and she wont start. turns over fine, but no ignition. im guessing its getting fuel since after trying for awhile to get it going, there was a fairly strong smell of gas comming out the back. have no way of checking actual fuel pressure, but there is pressure. all i have for tools is a bunch of wrenches and a multimeter, and a haynes manual, but that hasnt been helpful in locating relays and fuses. im guessing its not getting a spark, and again guessing that at least one cylinder is not getting gas (pulled the 3 front spark plugs and the center one looked pretty dry, but that dosnt always mean theres no gas there) i cant afford o-rings, so i dont want to pull any of the injectors, just wondering if there is any other things i could check with the tools i have. um, mainly spark, the car did run when i parked it, so its kind of baffling....and yes, it has gas, not much, around 10 litres or so, enough to get it to a gas station to fill up, if it would start.
would like to get it running before people start comming to take a look at it, otherwise im out a few pennies since i need it sold now.