General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Vibration at Highway Speeds

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 10:49 PM

I have a 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora. Which I am having an issue with because it is a vibration at highway speeds. I think I know what the issue is...the tires then an alingment. Just to breif on what happened to my baby girl. She was driven with her 2 front wheels not being on tight enough, I mean the wheel jerked very bad, but it was only driven like 5 miles with it like that. Although the car has rims, so they would have needed to be torqued. After that ordeal I got 2 bearings/hub replaced. Also I am wondering if it could have damaged something in the suspension when the wheels were in motion and not tightened to the hub. Rack, axle maybe. Someone help me please. I love my baby and want to keep her running like the queen she is.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:43 AM

Bent wheel? Or, I had a set of tires that looked great and were not very old and I would get a violent vibration around 60. After taking it to the dealer about 5 times we finally made it happen while the tech was driving. They checked everything and said thet it is the tires. I didn't believe them but bought a different brand( entire set). Itwas the tires. Never a problem again with vibration. Good luck figuring it out. I hope this helps a little.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2007, 09:00 PM

It does help beacuse I figured the tires had something to do with it. I just wasnt sure if it could have damaged something else in the suspension that may have caused a vibration. What tires would you recommend for an 01 Olds Aurora 3.5? Also, does anyone know of a good site to order brand new tires online?

Old 08-26-2007, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Aura
It does help beacuse I figured the tires had something to do with it. I just wasnt sure if it could have damaged something else in the suspension that may have caused a vibration. What tires would you recommend for an 01 Olds Aurora 3.5? Also, does anyone know of a good site to order brand new tires online?

Try The Tire Rack. You can find them thru Google.com.They show reviews of tires and will show you the tire that sells the most for your year of car. They have lots of tire brands to pick from too. There is lots of info on their site. Enjoy! They make it easy to figure out what tire is best. They also sell tire and wheel sets for some cars. Where the tires are already mounted and balanced. All you do is put them on your car. It all depends on your pocket book.

I have used them at least 7 times and have never had a problem.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:06 PM

I was checking out their site last week, but I didn't know all the specs of the tires I have on it now. Okay I will have to check that out tonight. To see what tire is a best seller for my year/make/model. Thanks for your help.