Intrigue Talk about the Oldsmobile Intrigue within...

right front wheel noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 08:41 PM

ok I have this issue with my 2000 GLS with 60,500 miles.It started about 2 weeks ago when I heard this noise coming from the right front wheel when I would drive slow and turn right, and it would do it also when driving straight, it feels like as if the wheel would want to stop and the weight of the car moving is what made it move again. I took the car to the dealer and told me that is what the steering gear going bad and just for that part it was about $800 plus they had to replace both tie rod ends because they were drying out, that was another $160 and they had to align the front end plus labor costs which in total came out to $1,130. The car ran fine until I took it out of town and coming back home the noise reappeared and the jerking feeling of the wheel along with it so I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the two front struts thinking that is the problem, and today when I go pick up the car because they say its ready I turn the car on and 3 warning lights come on at the same time in my dash : service vehicle soon, anti lock, and traction control and they stay on, but before I leave the dealer area I go back in and tell them about the problem they just tell me to leave it and they will check the problem. the good thing is that when I bought the car brand new I also paid for the extended warranty so the repairs are on them.

Old 02-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

HURRAH.. NOW I KNOW WHERE THE THREE STOOGES WORK..

Old 06-12-2006, 06:09 PM

I know the problem has got to be fixed by now, but my guess would have been the CV axle for that wheel. If you ever get a torn grease boot, they can dry up and all you'll hear is metal to metal poping when you make a turn. Anyway, hope all is well with your ride.

-ImpalaMan