New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

2001 Aurora doesn’t start

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 03:44 PM

I purchased a used 2001 Aurora last Feb. from Gene Norris GMC in February of last year. It had about 60,000 miles on it. Was very happy with the car for a bit. I had a remote start installed by a reputable company-it installs them for dealerships-shortly after.I had purchased the Valu Guard extended warranty when I purchased the car, so the first time it wouldn't start, I called Norris and took it in. Of course, first theyblamed the remote start. They checked out the car, said it was fine- no codes. I took it home, and disconnected the remote-just in case. I know numerous people that have remote starts (including me on my last car) that have NEVER had any problems with it interfering with the ignition. Anyway, from then on.... I have had the car towed 5 times (last was last Fridayat work). I have taken it in numerous other times. Frist it's the starter, then the ignition. Norris replaced the front section of the ignition, then the rear part. Then it was a short. Then it was something else...and so on and so on. I towed it in 2 weeks ago, and spoke with the dealership general manager. He said he had 4 mechanics working on it. I'd have to pay for the tow & service since it wasn't a warrantied part. It was the relay box- over $350.00. After speaking with another mechanic ( a family friend) I was told the relay could have been bad due to all the times they worked on the engine. It could have been accidentally nudged and disengaged. I questioned Norris, and the mechanic told me it could have happened while they were working on it.And, of course, I paid the deductible many times. I called the warrantyadvisors who told me the car was running when I took it home and different things were fixed each time, therefore I needed to pay the deductible each time the car went to Norris. --- I was told Norris fixed the problem each time. My question: If it was"fixed" each time, why do I still go out to start it withno results? A few months ago, after they informed me that the car was fixed and wouldn't be a no-start again, I had the remote re-installed. Since then it's not started 3 times. It was disconnected for about 7 months, during which time the car didn't start numerous times.

Anybody else have problems with this? The service advisor told me this is why the prior owner might have gotten rid of the car. That's fine, however, I reminded him for all the money I've paid them the last year, I would think the problem would/shoud have been fixed.

HELP!!! thanks.