New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

92 Bravada needs a little more work

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 04:06 PM

Yo!! So my fellow Oldsmobile GM owners, cars are my new hobby and I am excited to join the brotherhood lol. (not leaving out my chicas)
Right now I''m trying to put a 1992 Bravada on the road and begin my project at turning it into an off-roading MONSTER! Im pushin a 4.3L V-6 Vortec baby! Problem is, I CANT GET THAT SONBITCH TO START!

It sat for about a year waiting for me to get to work, and its a battle to figure out whats not working.
Last week, I replaced the battery and all the ignition parts. Starter, distributor cap, rotors, spark plugs and cables, starter coil..the whole 9. Finally got fire.

But still no start...hmm guess I''m getting no fuel to the system.

So today, I replaced the fuel pump system and cleaned out all the lines....its TURNING OVER!!!

But still no start.

I checked to see if I flooded the engine by trying so many times. So I remove the spark plugs and check for moisture. NO f**kING FUEL!

SOOOOOO.....some valve may be closing off the way to the plugs so I can get a combustion to start the engine. Anybody know anything?

**Story as told by my buddy Joe**
</span>