New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

My car's life story

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 10:53 AM
Unhappy My car's life story

One day, my car was made. It went straight to the High River dealership. it stayed there a while, and people looked and marveled at it's beauty. soon enough, a wealthy old fireman came along. He bought the car and he smoked in it on his way to work every day. One day he died of lung cancer. His son took the car and left it in his garage a bit. then he was sick of it and sold it to the scrap yard in order to by a El Camino. the car sat there and rusted. the windshield was cracked due to a hailstorm and a man, whose name was lost in time, rescued the car and all of it's parts. he had intentions of fixing her up, but he never got to her and he sold it to a Greg.
Greg also wanted to fix her up, but he soon had to move to the city and he had no time. then he sold it to me. Engine in pieces, and he kept the hub-caps. he drove it on a trailer to my place, and he said that it had brakes. he rolled it off the trailer and crashed the rear end into a tree. He did not give me a discount. months later, my brother and I took the parts out.
"How could it have brakes when there's drums in the back seat?" I said. then my brother bought a '61 Fairlane. My 1960 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88's repair was put off once more to make room for a more 'important' vehicle.
we are still fixing up the Fairlane.

CAUTION: Some of the previous content was made up. I don't actually know some of the things but I know she went to a scrap yard and that a firefighter owned it originally.

I do have some questions too.
If you guys ever see a windshield for sale, please let me know, and what engine would fit in my 1960 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88?
Thank you.
P.S I can answer any of your questions for any of the 1960 models.