New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New guy here w/ a 97 bravada

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Default New guy here w/ a 97 bravada

Ok well i just became the owner of 1997 oldsmobile bravada after the motor in my 97 cavalier Z24 took a **** and i got the suv for free from a family member who bought another car and knew i need'd a new car(my family is awsome) and i realized that idk **** about the truck
..lol other than the basic maintanance stuff and that it gets horrible gas mileage compared to my cav..lol,anyway i thought id sign up to a oldsmobile forum to learn more about my "new to me" truck,now if this forum is anything like the cavalier/cobalt forum i'm on(www.gmscf.com) i'll need to post up some pix of the truck b4 i get yelled at by the mods..haha..so i'll have pix up asap,Now onto my truck------->

White w/ gold accents 1997 Bravada w/ 159,XXX miles on it,4.3 vortec V6,all power options,leather seats and door inserts,15" gold/silver stock rims w/ almost new tires, ****ty pioneer aftermarket cd player,factory dash and front door speakers,but some ****ty pioneer 6.5s in the rear doors,a pioneer 10" sub and lightning audio amp(was in the truck when i got it)...

Plans are to fix the grill and front bumper on it cuz the previous owner had a lil fender bender but ik i can fix it.Then i'm gonna put my system from my cav into it,well at least the HU(a Dual XDVD710 flip out HU)and subs(2 12" hifonics brutus subs w/ a crunch 600 watt amp) and put new hifonics 6.5s in all four doors and infinity 4x6s in the dash,other than the audio and fix'n the damage, i'm not gonna mod it much if at all and use it as my DD when i'm workin on my cavalier project car.Well thats my long winded intro..glad to be here later guys

J

Old 06-09-2009, 04:59 PM

Welcome!

Attached Thumbnails New guy here w/ a 97 bravada-oldsmobile4192009bdownsize250x100.jpg  
Old 06-10-2009, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by 82 Grocery Getter
Welcome!
thanx..this site doesn't seem that busy..is it always like this?

Old 06-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bravadaguy97
thanx..this site doesn't seem that busy..is it always like this?
Welcome. Yeah the site doesn't have too many regulars. Most of the members are one time posters never coming back to see the answers to their questions.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

Oh and I'm pretty sure none of the mods will yell at you, there are only two of us. If you want to post pics you are more than welcome to.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

I'll yell at you, if it will make you feel more at home

Welcome to OF, like rusty said, not too busy here, of course, it's not too busy at an Olds factory nowdays, either!

Sounds like you got a good ride, especially considering what you paid for it!

Old 06-16-2009, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Iflylow
I'll yell at you, if it will make you feel more at home

Welcome to OF, like rusty said, not too busy here, of course, it's not too busy at an Olds factory nowdays, either!

Sounds like you got a good ride, especially considering what you paid for it!
lol,it might Iflylow,thanx for the welcome guys..,i hope to learn more about my bravada on here.and i got pics i'll post up i got em so i might as well..but its good that u don't have the strict pic rules that there is on the j-body forum i belong to,they have like 5 or more mods and will lock a thread if u don't post pics..but its a good site anyway.but i'll check this site out and see whats here.again thanx

Old 06-27-2009, 02:00 AM

Yeah, I wonder the same for this forum. Not sure about other guys. I did intro myself in New Member Area. They didn't even welcome me at all. That might explain why nobody ever come back. I check this forum once or twice a week to see if anyone ever respond on mine. Nada... Interesting... unlikely my other favorite forums - no need to mention which ones - I see A LOT of regulars including myself over there.