New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New guy with old Olds

Old 06-28-2007, 05:43 PM

Hello all! Thought you might like to hear the story of how I became to own one huge car.

I work in a plant in Mexico (long story) and drive back into the US every day. Last week on my way home I left the plant and sitting on the side of the road next to a "raspados" (sno-cone) vendor was a rickety homemade tow truck with a gigantic late 50 station wagon hanging off the back. He was obviously on his way to the crusher with the poor beast so I had to intervene (can't stand to see a cool old car of any make get crushed). After $270 changed hands, I became the proud owner of a 1957 Fiesta Wagon.

I took the car to my father in laws house and determined that it's actually in really good shape. No crash damage and most of it is still attached. I have been preparing the car to cross over into the US and was wondering about some basic information on these cars. That lead me here.

What I'd like to know is how many of them were built, how many are estimated to survive, is there a following for these, links to pictures so I know how to undo the bit of "pachuka" that has found it's way into the car and just any other general info.

Not sure what I am going to do with this car yet but my wife loves it and I'd love to ditch the modern minivan so I just keep it.