New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New Member - My Olds ownership history

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 06:58 PM

Whats up guys. Ever since I was young I loved Oldsmobiles. I have owned four already and still own one of them. When I was young my dad and all his friends had 70''s cutlasses.

My first car was a 1983 Cutlass in 2005. It was originally a V6 car but it had been swapped out for a V8. It had headers, an edelbrock carb, edelbrock air cleaner and MSD wires. I paid $300 for it. I got it before I got my license so I would have a car when the time came. I got my license a month or two later.

The car had dual exhaust but was broken off after the mufflers. All the hangers were broken so it was just dangling around. I had two turbo mufflers installed and two tailpipes and associated hangers. It sounded good now!

The interior had a Grant woodgrain wheel and Autometer Water temp and Oil psi gauge. It also had a stupid big Dice for the shift ****. The interior was pretty clean. The drivers floor was rotted through and the inner front fenders too. Also the bottom of the doors. The brakes went to sh*t and I didnt want to keep throwing money at it so I sold it for $400. I only had it a few months.

My second Oldsmobile was a 1991 Cutlass Supreme with a 3.1. I loved this little car. I bought it with 104k last year. I replaced all four tires, plugs, wires, lower intake manifold gasket, upper intake manifold gasket, valve cover gaskets, TB gasket, engine mount, engine torque mounts, trans mount and front struts. The car was MINT inside and very clean outside. 100% rust free. I popped off the steel hubcaps removed the wheels from the car sanded primed and painted them gloss black. I then dressed them with stainless steel trim rings and chrome lug nuts. I sold the car shortly after.

Fun to drive and very good in the snow. I should have kept it.

After that I bought a ''92 Eighty Eight. It had just over 80k and was in good shape. I only had it a few weeks and sold it for profit.

I buffed and waxed the paint, hit the wheels with some acid and replaced the starter. The car was in great shape besides the clearcoat fade on the hood roof trunk and tops of the doors.

After that car I bought my last and current Oldsmobile. A 1995 Eighty Eight. It is in excellent shape. The miles are just over 120k. The only problem is that the lower rockers are rotted under the black cover. I have replaced the front end links and rear springs. I also installed 2 15" Electrovoice speakers and 2 tweeters on the rear dash.

So that is my Olds ownership history. In between these cars I also owned 5 91-96 GM B-bodys. 4 Caprices and one Buick Roadmaster wagon. Right now I still own a 1995 Caprice sedan and a 1994 Buick Roadmaster wagon as well as my 1995 Eighty Eight.

Here are my previous Caprices.

1992 5.0L 305 - bonneville seats woodgrain wheel

1992 5.7L 350 Police package - bonneville seats

1991 5.0L 305 88k

Thanks for looking! Sorry for so many pictures but everyone knows its all worthless without pics!

Old 02-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

W.O.W , I HAVE NEVER SEEN A 1991 WITH REMOTE CONTROL, MUST BE A BLAST TO DRIVE. LOL