New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Newbie here, oldie everywhere else

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 06:37 PM
Default Newbie here, oldie everywhere else

Hello from Indiana, love old Oldsmobiles, first was a ‘55, now driving a ‘67 4-4-2 convertible. Some other nice ones in between.

Old 02-14-2020, 02:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you here. You'll find some interesting info on this forum. If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share!

Old 02-14-2020, 03:08 PM

Thank you for the “Welcome”.

Old 02-15-2020, 02:13 PM

Pray tell, where in IN. Born & raised in Gary myself. Went to college and post-grad in Indy. Now live in WI.

I hang out mostly at Classic Oldsmobile - https://classicoldsmobile.com. You may want to check it out.

Old 02-16-2020, 06:47 AM

Actually live in the country outside Lafayette. The city keeps growing so it may get me someday. So far, still a country boy. So, pray tell, where in WI? I have relatives spread over the state. I actually have an account on Classic Oldsmobile too. Forgot my password. The reset password they sent did not work and I moved on to other things. Will try again. I should be there under the same user name. Will check out your other “presences” on the WWW. Thanks for “communicating”.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Daddy’sOldsmobile
Actually live in the country outside Lafayette. The city keeps growing so it may get me someday. So far, still a country boy. So, pray tell, where in WI? .
As I went to college in Indy, more than familiar with Lafayette; Boiler Up! Now in Milwaukee.

Old 02-16-2020, 03:39 PM

We are a “Boiler” family. I got back on Classic Olds today on my desk top computer and my phone. The same password works on them but WILL NOT work on my iPad. I think Apple does some strange things. I also see a remarkable similarity in the two Oldsmobile sites here and wonder about that.
I do have a cousin in Milwaukee. I have posted some things of my cars, present and past on the Classic site.

Old 02-18-2020, 01:35 PM

Do not know what "remarkable similarities" you are seeing? This fora exhibits a dearth of activity in comparison to the activity on Classic Oldsmobile.

I only check in here occasionally. Generally what I see here are posts from 1st time Olds owner folk and I let them know about the CO forum.

Old 02-18-2020, 03:17 PM

Completely agree on the activity levels. By similarities I mean the page appearances. Almost twins. I have been a user on Classic Oldsmobile for a few years. I am now frustrated with them since I had to do the “forgot password” routine. Been trying for two days. They will not accept the “reset” password they send me. I don’t want to re-register as I would lose my original profile. Can’t seem to find a way to contact them since I can’t log in. I’ll get there somehow.