Newbie from Russia (1971 Cutlass Supreme convertible) - Oldsmobile Forum - Oldsmobile Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Oldsmobile Forum - Oldsmobile Enthusiasts Forums > General > New Member Area
Reload this Page >

Newbie from Russia (1971 Cutlass Supreme convertible)

New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Newbie from Russia (1971 Cutlass Supreme convertible)

Old 10-04-2018, 05:57 AM
Default Newbie from Russia (1971 Cutlass Supreme convertible)

Hi Everyone!
My name is Alex, I am from Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
So I purchased a project for restoration, a second-generation Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme convertible. The car had a difficult path before it came to me: it was brought to Russia from US about 4-5 years ago in a pretty bad state. The previous owner of the car in Russia put the fully restored 455 engine and restored all electrical systems.
So my plans are:
-restore all the body (I think to make 442 clone, cause the engine and the gearbox from 442 is already installed )
-add some pro touring elements: modern and slammed suspension, willwood brakes, some interesting wheels and maybe steering rack (I know that play in the steering wheel is a feature of old american cars, but then I have to turn off the power steering and drive without it - otherwise I can not predict the steering angle and it is quite dangerous when driving in heavy traffic)
-interrior: will be fully restored stock 442 interrior

This Olds in my first oldtimer, my daily driver are 2017 Audi A5 and 2016 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC 43