News, Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on OF happenings! Just take a look...

DASH OUT OF LIGHTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 01:37 PM

HELP

I HAVE A 1999 OLDSMOBILE VAN (SILHOUETTE) AND THE DASHBOARD IS DARK. IT HAS NO LIGHTS BEHIND ANY OF THE RADIO/CASSETTE BUTTONS; ALSO THE LIGHTS ON THE STEERING WHEEL ARE OUT. I THINK IT HAS TO BE A FUSE SOMEWHERE ON THE VAN THAT'S THE PROBLEM. DOES ANYONE HAVE AN ANSWER?

Old 08-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

CAN YOU NOT FIND THE FUSE BLOCK??. THE OWNERS MANUAL WILL SHOW YOU WHERE THE FUSE BLOCK IS LOCATED. MOST OF THE TIME IT IS NEAR THE DRIVERS AREA OF THE CAR. IF ALL ELSE FAILS STOP BY YOUR GM DEALER AND SURELY SOMEONE WILL SHOW YOU WHERE THE FUSE BLOCK IS LOCATED AND SELL YOU A FUSE. AS A LAST RESORT , FIND ANOTHER SILHOUETTE OWNER AND ASK THEM. GOOD LUCK. ANYBODY OUT THERE GOT A SILHOUETTE THAT IS WILLING TO WALK TO THE VAN TO SEE WHERE THE BOX IS LOCATED?????

Old 08-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Having trouble finding the right forum, too. Looks like several folks have trouble finding Caps Lock. [img]smileys/smiley24.gif[/img]

C.J.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

TEXAS RED; PLEASE ASK YOUR MOMMY TO GIVE YOU YOUR MEDICATION. LIGHTEN UP MAN IT AINT THAT IMPORTANT! SOME OF US PREFER CAPS. NOW SMILE. CHEERFULLY, ILIKECARS...

Old 08-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by texasred

Having trouble finding the right forum, too. Looks like several folks have trouble finding Caps Lock. [img]smileys/smiley24.gif[/img]

C.J.

X2

All caps is harder to read, and rude as well.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Iflylow

All caps is harder to read, and rude as well.

Thank you.

Since"it ain't that important",try joining the rest of the world and use correct capitalization when you write.

C.J.Edited by: texasred

Old 08-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

IT SURE IS GOOD TO LIVE IN AMERICA WHERE FREEDOM OF CAPS IS FREE..........

Old 08-26-2007, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

LOL

Just remember that in the real world, your expresion of freedom is also the freedom to get your *** kicked.

Peace.

C.J.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:01 PM

I'm sorry that my all caps message offended some of you. I also forgot to mention that all the fuses appear to be fine. Now if there is any one out there who can help please reply.

Thank you!!

Old 08-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Try reposting in the Silhoutte forum. You'll get more likeminded folks reading it.

I get afactory shop manual for all my vehicles. You can order them through your GM dealer. They aren't cheap, but they are worth it! They have everything you'll ever need, including wiring diagrams.

Even if you aren't going to do the work yourself, you will be a lot less likely to get snowed by mechanics.

C.J.Edited by: texasred

Quick Reply: DASH OUT OF LIGHTS