PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free!! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1976 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 09:38 AM

1976 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Station Wagon. $ 8,500.00 or best reasonable offer. Texas car until last year and well cared for. Odometer shows 106,000 but this runs and drives more like a car with far lower miles.

Engine runs smooth and powerful and does not leak or burn any oil. Transmission works as it should. Air conditioning was converted to R134A and blows ice cubes. Tires are a matched set of 4 BF Goodrich Advantage TA''s.

Car rides very nice and steers straight and tight. Exhaust is quiet. Tires are very healthy. Brakes are excellant up front and all new in the rear with new wheel cylinders and axle seals.

Body is straight, solid and rust free. Car was re-painted somewhere along the line. Not show quality but far better than driver quality. Does have a few little parking lot nicks and roof appears to have some hail dings ?

The interior is in excellant condition with the only flaw being a vinyl stretch crack on the side of the driver''s seat. Headliner, Dash and Door panels are all excellant with no cracks or tears. Steering wheel has 2 cracks and is missing the walnut insert.

This car was obviously garaged and never a work wagon so the rear cargo area in very clean. Even the spare tire is original to the car and 90% there.

I get thumbs up and vacation stories everywhere I go.
Pretty well loaded with options as listed below. Nice thing is all options work well. I haven''t tested the 8 track but the radio works fine. Even the original clock keeps exact time.

OPTIONS INCLUDE
455 V8
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING
TINTED GLASS -ALL WINDOWS
POWER STEERING
POWER BRAKES
POWER WINDOWS
POWER LOCKS
POWER 6 WAY DRIVER''S SEAT
POWER 6 WAY PASSENGER SEAT
60/40 SEATS
9 PASSENGER SEATING
DELUXE SEAT BELTS
PROTECTIVE SIDE MOLDINGS
TILT STEERING WHEEL
CRUISE CONTROL
POWER TAILGATE & WINDOW
CORNERING LAMPS
AM/FM STEREO 8 TRACK
POWER ANTENNA
DUAL REAR SPEAKERS
UNDERHOOD LAMP
GLOVE BOX LAMP
DRIVER''S REMOTE OUTSIDE MIRROR
PASSENGER''S REMOTE OUTSIDE MIRROR
VISOR VANITY MIRROR
DIGITAL CLOCK
ROOF LUGGAGE CARRIER

And I''m probably missing something ???

This is a very nice car you could drive for years to come. Too many of these have been scraped and demo''d so a solid example like this is getting harder to find with each day. Please remember that this is a 32 year old car and some minor things may need attention once you have seen the car.

I can be reached at r.romanowski@comcast.net so please feel free to ask all the questions you have. Additional photos available upon request.

Car is available for viewing by appointment and I am located just 5 minutes from Chicago''s O''hare International Airport.

Deposit of $ 1,000.00 payable by cashier''s check to be received by seller within 48 hours of agreement. Balance payable by cash or cashier''s check upon delivery within 7 days of agreement. Car is sold as is and shown. Seller offers NO GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY.