Silhouette Talk about the Oldsmobile Silhouette within...

like it but never heard of it before ;o)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 02:50 AM
Default like it but never heard of it before ;o)

Hi folks just joined this forum. I have a 2000 silho. got it after losing my ford pu to a fire. Never looked at one of these rigs before but pretty nice. Rides good, quiet, lots of delux features may come standard not sure. great AC (in hot alabama) Like about everything about it but milage sucks, 18-20 feel it should be better. like the limited slip front end if one wheel slips. I am a big guy so lots of head room is good. 6'3" 290#. Just checked in here to maybe find out a bit more about this rig. Like I said I am impressed with it overall. anyway will be checkin back in later.

Hello to everybody from east cent ala.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by sea_goin_dude
Hi folks just joined this forum. I have a 2000 silho. got it after losing my ford pu to a fire. Never looked at one of these rigs before but pretty nice. Rides good, quiet, lots of delux features may come standard not sure. great AC (in hot alabama) Like about everything about it but milage sucks, 18-20 feel it should be better. like the limited slip front end if one wheel slips. I am a big guy so lots of head room is good. 6'3" 290#. Just checked in here to maybe find out a bit more about this rig. Like I said I am impressed with it overall. anyway will be checkin back in later.

Hello to everybody from east cent ala.
Might start with a tune up.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:38 PM

I did have a tune up on it just as I got it. Runs great, uses no oil etc. just think milage should be a bit better. I do run the AC ALL THE TIME. drive reasonable speeds mostly around town.
What kind of milage do other owners get? Honest now. I am not getting horrible milage but just figure it should or could be a bit better.

Is there a way to turn the lights off when the motor is running and parked at night? with the AC on by the way.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:24 PM

Are you using ethonol gas?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:47 PM

Nope never use the stuff. I got 20 first tank and slightly less now like 17 +-

Old 09-02-2012, 08:11 AM

with comfort comes weight,(sound deadening,AC, power windows seats , etc)and you lose a little mileage but I think it well worth it. Mine has 260,000 miles and I get about 24 on the highway and 20 in town I removed the roof rack and put michilan tires on it and keep it tuned up.I am 56 and drive like an aggressive old man so my mileage is probably fairly normal.but I'll takeit when I compare the ride quility and comfort to other less decked out minivans.And if you watch "get shorty" you'll see this is the cadalac of minivans, what more could a guy ask for?