Aurora Talk about the Oldsmobile Aurora within...

BRAKE FLUID

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

I AM EXPERIENCING A LOSS OF BRAKE FLUID ON MY 95 AURORA. IT IS A GRADUAL LOSS NOT SUDDEN. IT MAY TAKE AS MUCH AS 3 TO 4 WEEKS FOR THE BELL TO GO OFF. WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR THE REAR BRAKE LINES HAD JUST BEEN REPLACED. THE CAR IS GARAGE KEPT WITH NO LARGE BRAKE FLUID DEPOSITS SHOWING ON THE CONCRETE. IF YOU HAVE HAD SUCH PROBLEM PLEASE SHARE IT WITH ME. MANY THANKS. OH YEAH GREAT CAR AND CURRENTLY READING 24.1 MPG. AT 2.50 PER GALLON THIS LUXURY TANK IS A BLESSING.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:43 AM

the brake fluid is going somewhere and it can't be burning it so it must be loosing it...put it in the air and get underneath it (or since you probably don't have access to a lift, jack in up and crawl underneath it) and follow your lines see how they look and see if any of them are wet...look around the master cylinder for any wet spots...do you have a good brake pedal or does it feel soft?

Old 03-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

I DO HAVE ACCESS TO A LIFT AND I HAVE LOOKED UNDERNEATH MORE THAN ONE TIME AND I DONT SEE ANY RESIDUE ON THE LINES HOWEVER THERE IS AN OILEY RESIDUE ON THE LEFT FRONT AT THE RADIATOR BOTTOM. MASTER CYLINDER IS DRY AS A BONE AND THE BRAKE PEDAL COULDNT BE BETTER. WONDER IF THE BRAKE FLUID IS SOMEHOW COOLED BY AIR FLOW. NAAAAA. ANYBODY GOT ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:01 AM

i must say that is a strange one...i'm picking my little brain and i can't seem to find anything else that would explain it...if there were ait in the lines it wouldn't account for fluid loss and you shouldn't (i won't say wouldn't cause i've seem some weird sh*t on cars) have a good pedal...even if you did have a leak in a line that would account for fluid loss but once again you would have a pedal that would hit the floor...the only thing i can think of is if you have some other sensor or something with brake fluid going to it and it is leaking from there...but that would have a line going to it and you would have found that while tracing the lines looking for leaks...if i can think of anything else it might be though i will drop a post...good luck