Aurora Talk about the Oldsmobile Aurora within...

wet trunk in 2002 Aurora

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:34 AM

Thanks dannyboys2002!!!

I think you nailed it! I'm definitely going to take you advice on this. I wanted to ask you two things: do you know what kind of sealant to use, and is there a "special way" to remove the trunk lid lining without damaging it?

Does anyone have the answer?

Thanks!!!!

Rocinante

Originally Posted by dannyboys2002

hello Rocinante,

I hope this reply isn't too late. I had the same problem when I first bought my 02 Aurora and it was bad. I heard a sloshing sound when I braked and I thought I'd bought a flood damaged car! Anyhow, after trying to track down the source of the leak myself for a week, I got fed up and took it to a body shop. They said there were two points of entry for the water. One: on the 02 model, there is a seperate body panel that surrounds the lisence plate, water was entering through the seem. Two: if you pull back the carpet in your trunk, you'll see that the trunk is two pieces and the seem is siliconed together. There was a leak in between the seam. The body shop sealed both leaks and no more water! Hope this was useful, take er easy,

Dan &lt; =text/&gt; _uacct = "UA-939292-46"; urchinTracker(); </>
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-46";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 06-03-2008, 05:31 PM

</>Rocinante,

Unfortunately, I had the body shop handle this so I don't know what the sealant was, only that it was hard when dry unlike silicone and it was very light grey, almost white. Sorry if that doesn't help any, I just re read what I wrote and it doesn't sound very useful to me, lol. Anyhow, the same goes for the liner. I don't really know, but I'm sure if you're slow and careful you'll be able to remove it safely. Haven't you ever known anyone that works in a body shop? The fumes mess those guys up! So, if they can handle it, you can! (just kidding body guys) Take er easy,

DannyBoy Edited by: dannyboys2002

Old 06-02-2009, 07:47 PM

Thread Update!
New member with solution to old problem. Three words total...
"Sun Roof Drain"
If you open the trunk, remove the felt cover from the drivers side fender well (?), and look at where the wiring harness passes through the rear quarter panel, you should see a shiny black tube coming from up under the rear window/a-pillar area, approx. 15-16" in length, which has a bend in it (90º), that attaches to the harness grommet in the rear quarter. If you pull on that line, and it just falls out, you found it. If not, check the other side as well, since there are 4 total drain lines for the sun roof.
This may or may not be the issue with your car, but I found mine through mistake when I was punching a small dent with a body hammer from the inside and punctured the one in my car. Must have been plugged with garbage, because water came running out. Where did it run to? The spare tire well...and you wonder why they called it a "well" to begin with...lol.
B

Old 05-10-2018, 10:47 PM

Sorry this is so late after your post but I have a problem with water in my trunk and also under my driver's side seat. When I got the car only the driver's side door control panel works. All the other doors seem to have been shorted out OR don't work at all. Meaning I can't open the windows OR use the power locks.

Could this be due to the seal being bad in the trunk? Maybe I should take out the back seat and check to see if the module is corroded.