Eighty-Eight Talk about the Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight within...

Hi

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Default Hi

Hey this is the first time in a forum so if I mess sopmething up thats why!!!!!here is my problem...I have a 1999 olds eighty eight and the passengers side front blinker started to blink slower than the drivers side one then it just stopped blinking all together ...well I changed the bulb and it started blinking slow again then stopped....so all the bulbs are good...all the fuses are good...and I remember the old blinkers had that th ing that would go olut but it ran both blinkers.....does anyone have any idea what this could be? thanks I'll be watching the forum for remarks.....I think this is a cool idea to come and figure out car stuff............thanks kevin

Old 07-30-2018, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by blanny431
Hey this is the first time in a forum so if I mess sopmething up thats why!!!!!here is my problem...I have a 1999 olds eighty eight and the passengers side front blinker started to blink slower than the drivers side one then it just stopped blinking all together ...well I changed the bulb and it started blinking slow again then stopped....so all the bulbs are good...all the fuses are good...and I remember the old blinkers had that th ing that would go olut but it ran both blinkers.....does anyone have any idea what this could be? thanks I'll be watching the forum for remarks.....I think this is a cool idea to come and figure out car stuff............thanks kevin
Sounds like it could be a ground issue. I'm not a great spark chaser myself, but I would check for a good ground at that area. If the other side works ok, that would lead me to believe there is a weak or bad ground on that side... Maybe someone else has a better thougjt???

Old 07-30-2018, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Stumpy Sisson
Sounds like it could be a ground issue. I'm not a great spark chaser myself, but I would check for a good ground at that area. If the other side works ok, that would lead me to believe there is a weak or bad ground on that side... Maybe someone else has a better thougjt???
Dang, I might better look at the dates on these posts before saying anything...lol.