Intrigue Talk about the Oldsmobile Intrigue within...

Transmition problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 11:28 PM

i own a 1999 intrigue.

sometimes after a long drive, or when accelerate really fast, my transmition starts acting all funny. All of the sudden i start feeling"harsh shifts"where my car slightly jerks when it shifts. I useddo not experience this when i accelarate slowly. Now i feel it even when i accelerate slowly.

what is the problem and what should i do???

thanks, dmitryEdited by: centducktape

Old 01-11-2007, 06:50 PM

I had to change the transmission on my 98 Intrigue. I had similar problems the sooner you have that checked out the better. The longer the greater the damage. I began to experience delays in shifts, from first into second (only) and the motor overheating. I had damage to the gears, replace the solinoid ect... I took my car to AAMCO Transmissions. They offer a "FREE" External Diagnostic Service. Where they inspect you car, test drive it, and run it through the computer and like I said for free with no commitment towards them fixing it, if you don't want them to. Then they will let you know what is the exact problem. Check out their website, there are a couple of tips for maintaing your transmission.

www.aamco.com

s1_d

Old 01-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

THE PROBLEM YOU STATE DOES NOT SOUND SEVERE AS YOU DESCRIBE IT . A TRANSMISSION THAT SHIFTS SOLIDLY AND NOT SLOWLY INTO THE NEXT GEAR IS DOING ITS JOB. HOW MANY MILES ON YOUR CAR, HAS THE TRANSMISSION BEEN SERVICED , DOES THE FLUID SMELL BURNED OR SCORCHED????