New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

G-day from down-under (Aus)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 07:17 AM

Hi there everyone, my name is John I'm from Australia. Havn't seen any listings posted from here as yet. Am I the first? A little about me and why I am here. I am 40 and work in the Emergency Services here and yes I'm a tappet head, lovetinkering around with cars and have for many years now. As there is nothing on the Australian scene that interests me now, I have been looking at something from the states. Iwasnt sure what to get as I wanted something a little different from the run of the mill stuff we get in here. That was untila buddy of mine took me to an old shed and introduced me to an Oldsmobile. I have come awayafter climbing over and under the thing for two hours and yes, very shortly it will be mine.What I saw was the most unique vehicle I think I have ever seen. A 1958 Ninety Eight Dynamic Holiday Sedan.Yes, full electrics. Windows and front bench seat: probably not working, only small amount of rust, 371ci donk, apparently a 4 speed auto, new interior. Going for one last look in a couple of days from now. Done my research on Dr Olds website.

Can I go wrong with this?? What else should I look for?? Spares are a prob here, are they readily available there in the States and will they ship them here??

Looking foreward to your responseswith this.

Thanks and regards

John.