New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Ran great,than Havoc took over,need help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 05:12 AM

Hi there ,Nice to be here and hope to get some answers from my problems.Anyway,got a nice looking 1990 Olds Cultlass Supreme 4 dr.all power and sunroof with the 3.1lM series from my oldest brother and he gave me his car to help me get around till I get metruck up and running....59'Chevy p'up long bed stepside in restoration .Well,he drove it from the Bay Area to the Valley here and all was good and I even drove it around and gave it about ten miles or so,than he left me the ownership keys and the next day my daughter and wife went to the mall and it drove ok ,till they got stuck on the overpass and it wouldn't want to start,it tried to but keeps quiting everytime she would shift it in gear.Had the car towed home and set for 1 day.So I started it up and it ran good,till about 4 blocks and it started to sputtered,as if it wasn't getting fuel,I let it sit for about 10 min. and it started to run agian and made it home.I let the engine on for about 1/2 an hour and it was no problem .Next day,restarted it and it ran great,so I figure ,oh well lets give it another try,so off we go me and my Olds and went to work and no problem,got off from work and started to go home and then it started to choke off again and had to drive slowly no to press the thottle to hard and it bearly made it to the house.Been going on and now the service lights came on and I figure ,well lets take it to the shop and off it went,just making it there again,left it there for 1 week and the mechanic called me and said,they can't figure out the car and that it had some oil spraying on the engine compartment from an oil leak in the power steering and that it showed no warning lights of what so ever on the computer and they check the fuel pump,it was good and other easy quick checks,he also saidthat by cleaning the engine area from the oil they would charge me $1500.00 to clean and try to clean all wirings and maybe,just maybe the computer box might be the problem,he wouldn't guarantee the work due to that it's an electrical problem,maybe....Thats why maybe someone can help me in this Forum and get this back car on the road where it should be,I'd like to restore it and willing to pay for it for repairs ,but seems that it might cost me in the long run to keep it....Any help in answers is a plus......

Old 05-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

First, Welcome to the forum! sorry about your experience with the cutlass. You might have more luck posting yur problem in the Cutlass section of the forum, where members with Cutlass's will be more likely to see it. Good Luck!

Old 05-05-2007, 10:40 PM

Thanks Iflylow,for the pointers on having this subject posted in the Cutlass forum section,will do that right now.......