Silhouette Talk about the Oldsmobile Silhouette within...

BCM possibility???

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:00 PM

So as an update I have checked the class 2 wiring for everything except the air bag module located under the passenger seat and the DIC. Print I have shows pin 15 yellow wire but there is no pin 15 unless the DIC isnt part of the IPC????

Old 08-28-2010, 05:30 AM

Today the van WOULD NOT start. I could hear the fuel pump turn on but I didnt get that "click" sound of it wanting to start. The radio wasnt on so I unplugged it and the van started. All the gauges were completly eratic. I pluged the radio back in and it did not turn on until the instrument cluster stopped doing its dance. Then it would turn back on. I unplugged the IPC and I no longer get the low fuel ding. Though now the radio wont turn on because of how its tied to the IPC. Unplugging and plugging the IPC connectors back in makes it not do any funny stuff for about 1/2 mile then it starts right up again. I am getting 13.6 volts with everything on at the orange and black wires (hot and ground) on the IPC plug so its got plenty of voltage.... Plus I just noticed today that the Odometer is not keeping miles anymore. SSSOOO I am gonna have the IPC sent out to be refurbished as its $100 cheaper than buying a new one and having it programed at the dealership.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:29 PM

finally found the problem. The harness coming out of the PCM goes down under the air duct and to the ac accumulator. there was about 100 ish wires in this wire loom (I am estimating but there sure were a ton of wires) and most of them were shorted against the ac accumulator. Holy cow is that alot of work to repair all those wires. I didnt notice it because it was hidden on that side.

Old 12-27-2019, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by ofblong
finally found the problem. The harness coming out of the PCM goes down under the air duct and to the ac accumulator. there was about 100 ish wires in this wire loom (I am estimating but there sure were a ton of wires) and most of them were shorted against the ac accumulator. Holy cow is that alot of work to repair all those wires. I didnt notice it because it was hidden on that side.
Hi, was that really the problem? Thanks in advance..